Crusader Publishing Forum
November 24, 2017, 04:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
There are still a lot of automated spam accounts being created so can people please register for the forum and then email me details of the user name, password and email address that they registered with.  Please note that you need to register FIRST and then email me to authorise the registration. 

Email to Mark'at'Crusaderpublishing.com (please replace the 'at' with '@' - yes, I get lots of spam emails too!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artillery Stands Napoleonic  (Read 573 times)
MWL435

View Profile Email
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:19 AM »

Greetings,

With a 'brigade' (2 stands) being 12 guns.  A French Division had an 8 gun foot battery and a 6 gun horse battery in 1812.  What should I replicate on the field?  I am leaning towards one of each.

Regards,
Mike
Crusaderminis
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:36:21 PM »

Depending on the rest of the order of battle, how many more formations there are and the overall number of units I would go with one of 3 things.

Combine the 8 and 6 gun batteries and have them as one battery using the majority type (foot in this case).

If the division is going to be fielded as part of a corps then combine the 6 gun horse with another from the same corps and have them attached at corps level.

Have the batteries separate but start them with fewer points of CV to represent the smaller sizes of the units.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: