Crusader Publishing Forum
November 24, 2017, 04:35:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
There are still a lot of automated spam accounts being created so can people please register for the forum and then email me details of the user name, password and email address that they registered with.  Please note that you need to register FIRST and then email me to authorise the registration. 

Email to Mark'at'Crusaderpublishing.com (please replace the 'at' with '@' - yes, I get lots of spam emails too!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orders / Cmd and Cntrl  (Read 443 times)
MWL435

View Profile Email
« on: March 03, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

Sir,

I read in the Rank and File forum concerning Command and Control.  I like the use of Axis of Advance and Objective Markers.  I can also relate to the authors comment regarding players hating to writing orders.  To alleviate this (and yes, I would appreciate comments) I have developed a Four line format for formation orders:

Unit
Operation
Tactical Task
Purpose

In order to use a form of 'Mission Command Bingo' (and further ease the development of orders), I used an abbreviated list of US Army Doctrine terms as a base:

Operations

Offense - Attack or Pursuit
  Defense - Defend, Area Def and Mobile Def (has CATK force that can go forward of the 1 turn defend limit)
  Retrograde - Delay, Withdrawal (a small chance a Withdrawal order will be interpreted as a Retreat Order) and Retreat (per the base rules)
  Security - Security plus Follow and Assume

Minor modifiers to movement (at most an addition 1" in movement) and location of Obj markers.  Corps Commanders obtain an additional Rally Point when near the Objective (if not at 0).

Tactical Tasks

Obj with Enemy Formation - Attack by Fire, Defeat, Destroy, Disrupt
  Obj with Friendly Formation - Screen, Guard, Support by Fire
  Obj Terrain oriented - Clear, Block, Control, Seize
  Obj at Departure Point - Disengage

Minor modifier of +1 to resolution of only one the following; Offensive Melee, Defensive Melee, Fires or additional movement.  

Examples:

2nd Corps (Unit)
Attacks (Operation) (Corp Cdr +1 Rally Point when within 5" of Objective)
To destroy enemy grand battery (Task – Force Oriented)
To protect the left flank of 1st Corps’ assault (Purpose)

1st Division, 2nd Corps (Unit)
Defends Town (Operation) (no modifier)
To control Town (Task - Terrain Oriented) (+1 to Defensive Melee Resolution)
To deny enemy possession of the town (Purpose)

Regards,
Mike L.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:21:16 PM by MWL435 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: