Crusader Publishing Forum
December 18, 2017, 03:22:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
There are still a lot of automated spam accounts being created so can people please register for the forum and then email me details of the user name, password and email address that they registered with.  Please note that you need to register FIRST and then email me to authorise the registration. 

Email to Mark'at'Crusaderpublishing.com (please replace the 'at' with '@' - yes, I get lots of spam emails too!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skirmish rule query  (Read 283 times)
Craig

View Profile Email
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:29:21 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to MA and napoleonics so forgive me if this is a daft question!
Is the skirmish rating of a MF affected by specific unit losses?
E.g. If a MF loses 2 of its SK rated battalions would that lower it's SK figure, as opposed to losing 2 non-SK rated (i.e. Standard line) battalions?
Thanks, Craig
Crusaderminis
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

For skirmish values and combat there is no need to keep track of which individual units that have been lost. 

The major Formation has its skirmish value worked out before the battle starts and the only thing that will change that is the amount of losses in units that it has taken. 

When it reaches the 2/3 and 1/3 strength points is the important thing, which exact units remain does not change the skirmish combat value decrease.

Craig

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: