Crusader Publishing Forum
January 22, 2018, 07:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
There are still a lot of automated spam accounts being created so can people please register for the forum and then email me details of the user name, password and email address that they registered with.  Please note that you need to register FIRST and then email me to authorise the registration. 

Email to Mark'at'Crusaderpublishing.com (please replace the 'at' with '@' - yes, I get lots of spam emails too!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rout Move Distance Inconsistencies  (Read 60 times)
co_diver

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »

In Chapter 5 Movement, the Basic Movement table says that Charge/March/Rout is x2.  One might assume from this that since Heavy Foot move 3", they would Rout 6", and that Skirmish Foot would Rout 12" since their normal movement is 4" (for Light Foot) + 2" (for Skirmishers) = 6".  However, the example after the table states:

'For example: Byzantine Psiloi in light armour with the feigned flight ability. 4 basic tactical move, 8 charge, march or rout move. Flee 2D6 (to a maximum of 8)'

OK, apparently the 2" move for Skirmishers doesn't count, and Light Foot - skirmish or otherwise - routs 8".

In the Victory Table, the result for 7+ reads 'Rout 8 infantry or 12 cavalry, facing away. Side loses initiative.'
Based on this, even Heavy Foot routs 8"?  If so, why is the Rout move for Cavalry 12", and not 16" - x2 the 8" Light & Medium move distance?

This all seems totally inconsistent and very confusing.
co_diver

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »

Any clarifications forthcoming - please?
Crusaderminis
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:57 AM »

Sorry, must have missed the first post over the holidays.

The example gives Psiloi who have been classed as light troops in this example, not skirmishers so their base move is 4", not 6".

The combat results table shows the initial movement away from the enemy as the result of that combat.  This distance was made a set value regardless of unit weight so that the losing unit would always outdistance the winner.  You're right, I should have made it clearer that this was a one off 'Initial rout' as opposed to the continuing movement afterwards.

Hope that clears it up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: